Foundations in Comic Book Art: SCAD Creative Essentials (Fundamental Tools and Techniques for Sequential Artists)
Author: John Paul Lowe
- Fundamental Tools & Techniques for Sequential Artists
- SCAD Instructor and artist John Paul Lowe starts with the basics
- Chapters include: Perspective Basics, The Figure, Visual Problem Solving
- Includes lots of tips on materials from papers to rulers to pen nibs and ink
- Full of sketches, photographs, and finished artwork by SCAD faculty
Number Of Pages: 160
Release Date: 2014-08-12
Details: A comprehensive guide to creating and developing comic book and graphic novel art, from the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), one of the world's leaders in sequential arts instruction.
Artists seeking a way to break into the exciting world of sequential art first need to master the tools, techniques, and habits used by their favorite pencillers, inkers, and digital artists for creating dynamic, exciting comic artwork. In Foundations for Comic Book Art, the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)—a leading force in art and design education—enlists one of its top instructors, John Paul Lowe, to provide aspiring comic book makers with a thorough primer for creative comics, featuring must-know concepts like contour drawing, mastering perspective, using photo-reference, and adding digital patterns. Examples from the works of SCAD faculty, alumni, and students are paired with Lowe’s easy-to-follow, step-by-step lessons and exercises for readers, demonstrating the vital processes all would-be sequential artists have to know before joining the ranks of the comic book–making elite.